9.03.2009

word.

Last week I had a half-hour-long argument with my dad about what a flight of stairs consists of. Here's how it went. For seriously 30 minutes.










etc., etc.

The basis of the argument was that when you get furniture delivered, it costs $20/flight of stairs after the first two for buildings with no elevator. Which is fine. But I said that in my building there are 5 flights of stairs, my dad said no, there are only 2 and a half.

Whatever.

Fast forward to yesterday when the guys came to deliver my furniture.

Delivery dude: "It says on your form that there are 2 flights of stairs so there's no extra charge... but I count 5."

Me: "Uh, yeah. I had this huge argument with my father about what a flight of stairs actually is, and he just always wants to be right so I agreed with him to get him to stop telling me that I don't know as much as he does."

Delivery dude (laughing) "Oh... well, unfortunately we do have to charge you $60 for the 3 extra flights."

Me (shrugging) "Sure. I kinda figured. You know, since I knew I was right and everything."


Moral of the story:






Just because your parents have been around since black and white TV doesn't mean they know what the hell they're talking about.

2 comments:

Susie said...

This is the best story ever, I can totally see how that would go.

missvoltage said...

The best part is that even after I told him I had to pay the delivery guys $60 for the extra flights he STILL tried to insist that I was wrong somehow.

I think it's senility.