6.12.2009

what? sorry... the battery in my hearing aid must have died...

I'm only part way through 32, and holy shit, but if I'm not already a grouchy old buzzard. When I was a few years younger (still in my twenties), I would often just shake off the antics of the youth of today, and I would give them the benefit of the doubt because, after all, I was young once. But these days, I scowl and frown, wish these kids would grow some kind of taste in music, shave their 'homeless poser beards', stop pretending that whatever low-rent form of employment they currently have is a real job (sometimes I wish for them to actually GET jobs), learn to drive already because it sucks to be in your 40s without a drivers' license... the list kind of just goes on and on. I'm equally as disenamoured of hippies as I am of hipsters (in a way, they are kind of the same thing... I think the key difference is that hipsters maybe shower one more time per month than hippies). It also really bothers me that so many kids nowadays choose to go straight into the workforce after high school instead of going into post secondary education (I'm not saying that after 7 years of college you will necessarily get a better job, but at least it might mean you will qualify for something more glamorous than working in a warehouse). Kids these days talk way too much, and never have anything important to say. They generally have bad manners, smoke too much weed, and don't tend to spend money on anything other than their wardrobes and cans of whatever beer is the cheapest (in this case it's Lucky, the champagne of the under 25 set).

Sigh. Maybe it's a sign of the times. Maybe someone should have written something like this for me to read when I was 20. All I know for sure is that I don't fucking get kids these days, and all they can really do for me is get the fuck off my lawn.*

xo

* No, really. Get. The. Fuck. OFF. My. Lawn.

No comments: